I am back - Pokemon go summer recap

Hey readers, I am back. well I went on summer vacay and to my surprise. There were no devices and I can't blog from a phone. Plus i needed to get closer to my family. You know how it is.  Plus me and my friends got our YouTube channel up and running. It is on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHrTc5KFyaykl925sEXxJ2A

Time to recap all I have missed.

New Gym System

Image result for pokemon go gym raid

Prestige has been scrapped and there is a new system known as motivation. If you claim a gym, your pokemon will have a motivation bar. its motivation is directly linked with its CP. So if the pokemon's motivation reduces so does it's cp.

So how does the cp reduce? Simple, an opponent battles your pokemon. And it also drops slightly over time. So let's say you place a 2000 cp gyrados in a gym. He's left alone for two days and his motivation has reduced to 1890. A tyranitar beats him up and his motivation (and cp) becomes 1450. He will then become easier to beat.

Though you can help your team by feeding a pokemon at a gym by feeding it a berry. Finally i can get rid of my nanab berries.

Only one type of pokemon per gym which means no stack of blisseys.

Raid Battles

This is my best part. This is where a long awaited feature has come. Known as... (dramatic pause)..
LEGENDARIES! But before we get to that let's get to know what raids are.

A raid is pokemon go's only real time multiplayer system. It is where you and up to twenty other players battle against one giant pokemon. Imagine you and your friends all fighting mewtwo at the same time. That's how i got a Zapdos.

I will soon make another post on taking down legendaries.

Raids can also get you a ton of great new items such as golden razz berries, rare candy, a ton of revives, tm's, and more. I will talk more in detail about this in the next post.

Pokemon Go events

Remember how i said I didn't get pokemon go fest tickets. Well I sure am glad because it was a disaster. Here is what ruined it.
  • The amount of people was too much for the cell towers which means no internet
  • The line was hours long waiting in the sun. 10,000 people on a line.
  • Those who got internet long enough to play were foiled by server issues
  • The crowd was booing at Niantic.
  • Need I say more?
Niantic compensated all players but still ended up getting sued a couple times.

Yokahama

Niantic used what it learnt in the fest and made yokohama spectacular.

Everything was amazing and players got a mewtwo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pokemon go becomes fastest app to reach $1 billion

80 new pokemon

More new features are coming